The app coders of tomorrow need to account for the realities of today. This is why we are excited to announce that the 2022 App Coding hackathon theme is “Identity.” The theme explores the changing role of identity in our society, in which users are not only relying on technology to help them stay connected to friends and family, but also to access essential and sometimes personal information. Whether it is just to navigate your local grocery store or finding a safe place to sleep on a rainy night, users are increasingly being dependent on the information that technology supplies them with to thrive.
As a hackathon team, you’ll be exploring the human elements of identity, which can be discovered in everything from our biological self to our social interactions to the virtual spaces we all inhabit. Your project should explore a central question: What drives us? How do we understand our own identities, and how do we make sense of the identities of others? In doing so, you’ll help us answer one of the most enduring questions of the 21st century: How do we define ourselves?
Once you have answered this question, you will then go to work to build something that will ultimately improve the world.
Since its launch in 2017, App Coding hackathons have presented dozens of inspiring projects that will hopefully inspire new ways of looking at the current state of the world and help to shape our future.
The 2022 hackathon is the Hackathon for Impact, and it will take place on June 8-10, 2022. You will join hundreds of students, makers, designers, and tinkerers in a virtual event that is filled with technological innovation.
Your mission: Explore humanity through technology
Join us for a once-in-a-lifetime experience to make your mark on technology. To get started, you can check out our video, post about the event on Facebook, or learn more by visiting https://appcoding.com.
- Brits app-sessed: New Builder.ai data reveals over 20 million can't live without social media apps
- Software can be classified into two categories
- Ondat 2.8 Arrives in GA with Increased Support for Stateful Workloads in Kubernetes
- Platform.sh Secures $140 million in Series D Funding to Support Enterprises in Scaling Fleets of Websites and Applications
- Coder Announces First Multi-Cloud, Multi-Compute Integrated Development Environment Platform
- Lumigo expands its serverless observability platform to support any modern cloud application
- ScaleOut Software Announces Production Release of Redis®* Integration
- New app to help northeastern Illinois drivers avoid traffic and earn rewards for improving their commute
- Datadog Named a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Application Performance Monitoring and Observability
- monday.com Adds Built-In Monetization Solution to the apps marketplace